Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Tis the Season.......


Tis the season to be jolly........

Hummm....Isn't that how it's supposed to go? I think it's safe to say it's how we'd all hope it would go.  Let's be realistic, who wants it any other way?  What are seasons?  I see them as either the beginning or the end of something.


In my seasons, I have a choice on how I view them.  I can sit around and "Boo-hoo" about how painful the changes in my life are or I can place my entire dependency upon my ROCK and FOUNDATION, step out, move forward without regrets or looking back.  This isn't to say I won't carry around a little pain, but I don't have to sit around wishing I had done things differently.  They're done.  I can't change the past.  Forward means an opportunity to better my future and change any behaviors so that I can bring the most positive outcomes to any future experiences.  I have to make the conscience choice to turn away from poor choices, behaviors and environments so that any impact I can make on my current season, will help me grow it into a season of productivity.  

As I enter this season of change, you may see me walking around with a limp as I surrender my heart to Christ and allow him to provide me what I need; because ultimately He is the ONLY ONE who can lighten my load.  Life is about choices. We make the choice of how heavy we drag our feet or how light they become as we allow Him to carry our burdens.  With each step I plan on unpacking my load so I can finish the great work that has been started within me!


" Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:1-2


I had been going back and forth in certain situations as I've been discovering more about myself.  And each time I've done this, instead of my load lightening, it has gotten heavier. I tried to pass the blame of the burden on other people, but what I came to realize is that it was my fear to let go, take responsibility and accept that it was I who needed to stop looking backwards to get God's best.  We are all a part of that ~ we are all Gods best in someones life but each of us have a season to go through where we must grow, heal but most importantly place our full dependency upon The Lord.   

There is death and life in each season.  Perhaps it's death to old behaviors and life to a new perspective on it. Or it could be the death of an idol and the birth of surrendering to our Heavenly Father who provides eternal life.  Whatever the season may be, it will grow you.  Every season will grow you in one way or another depending on how much you choose to fill yourself up in that season.

This season is about discovering who I am in God alone and I hold onto His promises; If I tend to my crop (my life) when this season is over I will reap a harvest of blessings.  It may not be tomorrow, next month or even next year.....but I do know it will be someday, either in this world or in His Eternal Kingdom.  For me, that is worth whatever growing I need to go through. That is where I find my strength, power, and hope ~ In Christ Alone!




1 comment:

  1. You are loved very much Tyza! You are not alone on this journey...

    ReplyDelete