Thursday, September 6, 2012

Sometimes all we need is to BELIEVE ~

From the moment we enter the world, the thinking and learning process begins. We are forced to breath which uses our brain the minute we enter the world.  We gasp for air and life begins.  Life can feel like that a lot of the time.  How difficult or easy it is to take that gasp of air in life is all about how difficult we choose to make it.

For some of us, we get stuck in a rut and it becomes so challenging that we create a level of anxiety that even effects us physically. We become ill, gain or lose weight, our hair may fall out, we may break out in rashes; the list can go on. So what causes one person to get to that point and another person to have the ability to overcome difficulties in life?  I believe it's how we choose to "think" about each particular event that transpires in our life.  How we choose to think of the situation we are faced with, good or bad, determines our ability to cope with it. In addition, I firmly believe;


~WHAT WE THINK, WE BECOME~ 

The ability to look at the positive and negatives of any situation is how we choose to perceive it.  In the cases of something bad, you can view it as a lesson learned. Be open to the idea that the situation may not always reveal it's lesson immediately, so be patient and wait for it.  When something great happens, be thankful, humble and learn from what was gifted to you.  Neither one of these come easy; it requires practice, patience, an open-mind and acceptance.

I wish that the blogs I post here about who IronTy is, the journey of my life, people who have touched and inspired me, my favorite quotes/images, the health and fitness changes/challenges I've faced and whatever else I find inspirational and/or beneficial to those embarking on their own personal journey will give the encouragement and hope they need to take a step forward in life. My desire is that these blogs will inspire you to be a better you, give people the courage to remove negativity from their lives and choose a life that is filled with happiness, healthy choices, positiveness and to do it all with a smile.

Below will mark my first blog entry.  A note I wrote a year ago that gives others hope that life can change for the better.  Mine has blossomed in the last two years.  It has been filled with obstacles but the choice to overcome them have gotten me to where I am today. I believe I deserve my happiness and I choose that over anything else.


Happy Anniversary - To Me! April 25, 2011
 A year ago today, I returned home from a weekend in Vegas for soccer tournament.  As I entered my dark, empty house, out came a sigh, a sigh of relief and I smiled.  This was the beginning of “MY NEW LIFE.”

It took me 10 years to stop making excuses for why I allowed myself to stay in a situation that did nothing but support an unhealthy lifestyle. With the help and support of counseling, writing in my journal, family, friends and most importantly, GOD, I finally found inner strength to believe I was worth more than what I had been enduring for the last decade.

Since that day, I’ve found the will, desire and hope to become a better person. I’ve re-established a more communicative and loving relationship with my children, I’ve given GOD control of my life, and re-gained my own self-worth.

I learned to release the guilt and power of manipulation that others had over me which had chained me to such a destructive life. The guilt consumed so much of me, that it to flowed into my personal relationship, relationships with my children, friends, family and even my desire to rekindle my relationship with God. The manipulation that I had allowed others to use against me, to keep control of my life, was finally was broken and when I conquered that, I re-gained my personal power back. What an amazing feeling.

During my journey, I had amazing support from my two best friends ~ Les and Teen. I can never express how thankful I am to them.  Their unconditional support, love and toughness in my endeavor to remove myself from this situation was endless. They are amazing women and I am blessed and forever grateful for their love. :*-)
 
And although the last year has had several bumps along the way, I’ve been able to keep a healthy focus on all that is important and continue to stand strong in my beliefs. I’ve learned that the word “NO” isn’t necessarily a bad thing and setting boundaries helps keep my life in perspective, balanced and has created structure not only for myself but also for my children. These boundaries may not always be easy to maintain and often I need to remind myself that they “healthy boundaries” and perfectly alright to live by. I see that I’m moving forward in a positive direction.

- Most importantly, I’ve become “PRESENT” to those I love.

Today, when I reflect on who I am, I see is a “HEALTHIER” and “HAPPIER” me.

I am healthier and happier – physically, mentally and spiritually. I am a healthier parent and that has become a priority to me. I’m taking action in helping my children develop a positive self-image, self-worth and teaching them how to deal with life’s obstacles. It's a learning and growing experience for each one of us.  Almost each day we are faced with growing pains, but when we feel the pain, we know its working.

Today, I’m 24lbs lighter than I was a year ago, have not had a sip of alcohol since July 25, 2010 (which my children are pleased about), have participated in three Half Marathons, one 10k and one Dualthlon. I plan to participate in my 1st Half Ironman in less than a month and continue to live this active lifestyle.

I’ve been blessed to have met a partner whom I share a genuine “love” for and with healthy characteristics. We’ve been blessed to be in each others lives during difficult times, and I know in my heart this is not coincidental, but planned according to God.
 
My relationship with my mother has blossomed into something beautiful. For many years as an adult, I had felt I failed her expectations of what a daughter should be. It wasn’t that I failed her expectations, it was that I failed what I thought she had expected of me. Those were things that I projected upon myself, not her. I’m confident that the woman I’ve become is all she ever wanted for me. I know with complete confidence, that the changes I’ve made in my recent life, which show my true character, is what she is most proud of most. I hear it in her voice each time I speak to her.
 
BUT - The most noticeable change in our household is not a change you can see with your eyes but one that you can FEEL in your HEART .... I “HEAR” the laughter and “SEE” the smiles. I FEEL the happiness in my children and that brings  joy to me.

My life is far from perfect, and each day I’m faced with struggles, but today when “I get a feeling of hopelessness”, I reflect on the past year and remind myself that I’m a living example of how POSITIVE change can affect your life, but you have to CHOOSE to change. Like anything in life, you have to put fear and comfort aside, love yourself enough, and take action in your life.


I stopped talking and complaining about how miserable my life was and did something about it.


I chose to take action.  If you don't you could be missing out on a whole world of happiness, and ten years was long enough for me.


Tyza



No comments:

Post a Comment